The Dowelmax router table lift comprises:
|· A CNC machined interface plate,||· A CNC machined base plate,|
|· A heavy duty piano hinge,||· Four high quality gas spring brackets,|
|· Two high quality gas springs,||· All required hardware.|
The lift comes assembled, and installation can be completed in 30 minutes.
With the gas springs fitted, and the lift in the open position, the operator has clear and unobstructed access to all functions of the router including:
|· The shaft locking pin,||· The collet nut,|
|· The height adjustment,||· The locking lever,|
|· The speed adjustment,||· The power disconnect.|
As a result, bit changes, height adjustments and all other router functions can be performed in a fraction of the time required for alternate router lifts.
YouTube channel Woodworker 631 tests the lift by building a new router station and installing it with a new top.
I recently purchased a router lift by Dowelmax and am more than pleased with it. It is:
- Well designed and hinged allowing the user to lift the entire router/router table to an angled position (approximately 45 degrees).
- This is made easy by two gas piston shocks.
- Allows me to conveniently sight down the lifted table to the router bit where I can then adjust the bit to desired height. All adjustments on the router are easily within reach while I am in a standing position. You never have to bend down to lift the table or adjust the router. I find this great as my back is not in great shape.
- The seated position of the lift feels very stable and as I move it up or down there is absolutely no wobble and it feels smooth and solid.
- Although different engineering and technology than many router lifts on the market, the router lift by Dowelmax does exactly what I want it to do and is 1/3 the price of the other lifts just mentioned.
- The lift is attractive and the installation instructions are good.
I recommend this product.
Daniel, Napanee, Ontario